Periodical Chest pain under left breast, pain subsides with intake of water. Acidity?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi...for the last two days ..I have been getting chest pain ..this is exactly under my left breast...its not severe but occurs evry one hour stays for 10 secs...and goes off. when I am having lots of water...the pain is subisiding imme...please suggest is this due to acidity
or is it something seriouS to worry
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 16 minutes later

Your symptoms of chest pain which relieves on taking fluids points towards the possibility of Gastritis/GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).

You will be benefited with drugs like proton pump inhibitors (Omeprazole) on empty stomach to relieve the symptoms.

Some other measures which will help you in faster recovery.
1. Avoid spicy, fried food items.
2. Do not lie down at least for 2 hours after taking food.
3. Elevate your head by taking extra pillow to avoid regurgitation of water.
4. Drink plenty of water.
5. Add lots of XXXXXXX vegetables and salads to your diet.
6. Have small frequent meals instead of 3 heavy meals.

I feel the possibility of cardiac cause as very rare in your case considering your age and symptoms. Though, you can consult your physician if you do not find relief with above measures and medication or if symptoms worsens. You may need to do a ECG (Electrocardiogram) to rule out this cause.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow queries.