Periodic lip and lower cheek numbness. What could this be?

Feb 2013

Periodically I recently have had some lip numbness and twice in my left lower cheek..what could this be?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 36 minutes later

Thank you for your query,

The numbness in lip and the left cheek are related to the problems of the sensory nerve supply to that area.

Trigeminal nerve take care of the sensory nerve supply of the face.

Some pathological problems of the trigeminal nerve like trigeminal neuralgia and post herpetic neuralgia will lead to sensory disturbances like numbness .

Some times Bells palsy also present with numbness in early stages.

Therefore I advise you to consult your Neurophysician for the examination and further evaluation to detect the cause for symptooms.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.