Perintosillitis. Weakness, appetite loss, abdominal pain. Blood test done.Taking Diclofenac sodium, Diclomol. How to get relief?

General Surgeon
hello my name is XXXXXXX . i am suffering from some symptoms since last 5-7 days like weakness this weakness is sometimes increases that i fell like i m drunk,loss of appetite, some times pain around stomach and that pain is not stable it moves from stomach to chest but it occurs after having food. i have done blood test for malayria but there is nothing resulted. i am also suffering from peritoncilitis. its not paining now but when i wake up in morning it starts paining again. i am taking some medicine for that the name of that medicine is diclofenac sodium and paracetamol tablet (diclomol). plz help me dr.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 6 hours later

Thank you for the query.

You have a combination of problems like pain abdomen after meal, peritonsillitis with pain in the throat in the morning and severe weakness with loss of appetite.

Your pain abdomen is most probably due to gastritis due to diclofenac combination medicine. These are known to be gastric irritant and should always be taken after food and only after prescription from a doctor. Many people take this over the counter from the chemist which can lead to XXXXXXX side effects. This might be a typical case. As you have the problems it will be better to stop the medicine. Please get a review from treating doctor and get alternative medicine. A anti gastritic medicine will be prescribed. Till then you can opt for Syrup MUCAINE GEL, 2tsp, thrice a day or whenever there is pain. This is not alternative to consulting a doctor.

Pain the throat, I suggest a salt water gargle with warm water early in the morning to relieve the swelling in the throat that cause the pain. I also suggest to review with an ENT doctor.

Severe weakness with loss of appetite can make matters worse. An infection or nutrititional deficiency might be causing this. You should take very good diet along with health supplements.

Hope you will be all right soon.