Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis tip exposed after sex. Sensitive to touch. How to pull the foreskin over penis tip?

Psychiatrist
Question
i had sex with my girlfriend , after which my foreskin came down and the top portion of my penis is exposed .
The top portion of my penis exposed is very sensitive , it pains when some something touches that part , pain sensation while wearing underwear , when water falls on it while bathing .

Please tell me how to pull the skin back up or will the penis be exposed forever. Is it normal to have the upper skin exposed , how do people cope with the pain.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 25 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The foreskin or prepuce is usually an elastic structure which should normally slide freely over the penis. During childhood, the foreskin may be somewhat difficult to retract or move freely, but during adulthood, as the person starts engaging in sexual intercourse, it should automatically become more elastic and freely retractable.

If this was one of your first few sexual intercourses, then your foreskin may be a little tight. You can push back the foreskin using some lubricant like coconut oil. If it is still difficult or painful, then you can apply some ice or cold pack over the retracted foreskin and then try pushing it back. If you are not able to push back the foreskin despite trying these measures or if it is becoming red or swollen, then you should see a doctor immediately.

In uncircumcised persons, the foreskin can be retracted back after sexual intercourse in order to prevent discomfort due to rubbing against clothes, etc. If it is a little tight, then you can try stretch exercises to improve the elasticity. You can do this everyday while taking a bath. Retract the foreskin backwards as much as possible until there is some discomfort - as much as you can tolerate without being in much pain. Hold for 30 seconds, then pull forwards again. Repeat this exercise for 5 minutes.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist