Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis remains curved down even after erection. What should be done ?

Question

My query is related to sexual intercourse. My penis remain curved downwards even after erection and i need to hold it while having the intercourse else it comes out as if it lacks the hardening. I have to hold it every time. Please suggest what should I do for this or to consult any specialist?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Your symptoms are suggestive of peyronie’s disease. In Peyronie's disease, fibrous scar tissue develops under the skin of the penis and may cause bend in the penis and hence difficulty in penetration during intercourse.

The disease starts as a small bump or constriction on the shaft of the penis below the skin and then consequently curving of the erect penis occurs.Treatment is by medicines like vitamin E, colchicines, Verapamil or Potoba and surgical intervention which is the definitive treatment.

You should consult a general surgeon for its evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Penis remains curved down even after erection. What should be done ? 14 hours later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you very much for such an elaborated response. It made things clear to mind now. Could you please suggest what should be the dosage and combination of medicines I should start with? Also, can I get medicines with the suggested names in the market or they have other commercial names? Please suggest...

Looking forward for your positive response...

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 22 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

First of all, vitamin E supplements like Evion are taken for peyronie's disease. It if it is taken with Colchicine then it has additional benefits. There are various preparations available in the market but these should be taken only under medical supervision and after prescription from a doctor.

Injection Verapamil is considered if oral treatment fails.

Follow-up: Penis remains curved down even after erection. What should be done ? 1 hour later
Thank you very much doctor!!

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 52 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back to me.

Do get back to us in case you have any additional queries.

Kind regards.