Penis pain when in contact with water, trouble achieving erection, had yeast infection, burning near anus. Any ideas?

Urologist
Question
There is a sharp pain in the tip of my penis when water falls directly on it. The pain is sometimes present throughout the day but I do not notice it while peeing or ejaculating. I am having trouble achieving an erection suddenly. This is also starting on the heels of a yeast infection I was diagnosed with that I am not positive has entirely passed. I do not have any visible symptoms but there is an occasional burning sensation around my anus -- which is where the symptoms started prior to visible yeast infection symptoms in the creases between my leg and scrotum. The cream I was prescribed cleared up the visible symptoms quickly but I am still having trouble with a more mild burning sensation around my anus, getting aroused and with the sharp pain in my penis when water is dropped directly on it (such as in the shower, or bath) and sometimes a slight pain throughout the day. I have been to see a family physician, dermatologist, and urologist. The urologist prescribed cialias but that has not been effective except at making morning erection more solid. The family physician initially diagnosed the yeast infection and prescribed some creams as did the dermatologist. The urologist who examined me pressed on either side of my penis into my stomach and said there is nothing physically wrong with me. I am not entirely certain what is going on.

Do you have any ideas as to what this may be?!

My wife has been my only partner for the past six years. We are sexually active, as much as possible given my current condition, and she has been tested for STD's. The only STD we have is genital HPV.

Some additional details:

I am an occasional drinker. I am 6'1, 150lbs. I used to be in athletics but since I have stopped I become winded very easily. I have been smoking marijuana moderate to heavily since highschool. I currently smoke between 3.5 and 7 grams per week. I do not smoke cigarettes. I rarely eat breakfast and do not consume, on average, more than two meals per day. I do eat vegetables but could really use more grains and fiber I am sure. My wife always yells at me for not drinking water. I look to be in very good physical condition but I do not believe that to be the case. Any tests for blood, bloodpressure etc have all come out fine to date.

Please let me know if you have any questions of me...

Thanks for any advice or input...
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
I understand your concern.
It appears that the infection has increased the sensitivity of your local tissues and also made you more conscious about them.
However, to be able to help you better, I would like to know whether you are circumcised or not.
I would also suggest the following:
a.     You need to maintain better hygiene.
b.     I believe that you have been probably treated with antifungal creams. However, I will also like you to be treated with oral anti-fungals. Adequate treatment shall lessen your sensitivity and thus the pain.

At present, your erectile dysfunction seems to be stress related and will improve with time and other measures to reduce stress. This would include relaxation exercises, yoga and meditation. As far as poor erection is concerned, you need to take Cialis one hour before intercourse and you should respond to it as you have a good morning erection.
I hope I have answered your query. I shall be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Penis pain when in contact with water, trouble achieving erection, had yeast infection, burning near anus. Any ideas? 8 hours later
I am circumcised and shower at least twice a day using dove soap and body wash. Can you namean example of an oral antifungal? Is this something I can find over the counter or by prescription only? Thanks for the input!

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 36 minutes later
Dear,

It is good to hear that you are circumcised and maintain good hygiene. You need to be started on Tablet fluconazole. This is a prescription drug; please consult your treating doctor before taking it.