Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis pain aggravated after pooping, high WBC count, taken Doxycycline, negative STD test. Prostatitis?

Hello Doctor,
I am 25 years old, 6'3'', 200 lbs. I have had a recurring pain in my penis for the last 5 years. My Doctors have all thought it's some sort of STD before testing, like chlamydia, but all tests have been negative. The tests always come back negative, but I have high white blood cell counts often. I have been treated with doxycline on occasion and this generally helps the conditions. My main condition is pain in the penis, but I also have occasional pain in the rectum. The pain in the penis can also be caused by the act of pooping or after ejaculating. Do you have any idea what this could be? After a lot more research, I am thinking possibly prostatitis, but I don't know. It could be anything. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be sure to answer them.

Thanks for any help.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Pain in the penis that is aggravating after pooping can be due to -
1. Prostatitits- infection of the prostate gland. This is the most likely possibility as the pain is getting aggravated after the poop.
2. Epididymitis or orchitis- inflammmation of testis.
3. Muscular injury incurred to the penis.
4. Excessive masturbation.
To find out the exact cause you need to get a semen culture sensitivity test and prostatic secretions examined. Antibiotics are needed if it actually is due to infection.
I encourage you to visit a urologist for the proper investigations and further treatment.
Hope my answer is adequate. Please get back if you have any follow up queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.