Penis mouth burns, found wound, blood. How to reduce the burning sensation?

hello doctor on my penis mouth i feel a side skin is burning i found a slight wound marks a very small points of blood XXXXXXX on my penis skin can you help me why this happens whenever i move the outer penis skin down i find difficult to move the penis skin dow as i get a burning sensation otherwise i remain normal whole day with out burning sensation wha
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 54 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. From the symptoms you have described it looks like balanoposthitis which is causing scarring and narrowing of the meatal stricture and phimosis skin which further causes difficulty and pain to retract the foreskin to expose the tip of the penis .

Balanoposthitis is inflammation of the foreskin and the glans. Usually it is caused by poor hygiene in uncircumcised men and sometimes it is caused by bacterial or fungal infection of the skin. Obesity plays an important cause and secretions under the prepuce may become infected with anaerobic bacteria, resulting in inflammation.

You should get it examined from a dermatologist and get some tests done. These include KOH examination of the skin scrapings (to rule out fungal infection), bacterial culture of the secretions under the prepuce, blood sugar levels and maybe a skin biopsy.

Treatment depends on the cause and if it is infection then antibiotics or antifungals (topical and oral) may suffice.

Till the time you consult a dermatologist, follow these treatment options:

1)     Clean the penis and the foreskin with warm water by gently retracting the foreskin. Avoid using force and retract only to the point where resistance is met.

2)     Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing like jeans and underwear made from synthetic fibre.

3)     Remove wet or damp bathing suits immediately after swimming.

4)     Avoid douching, perfumed soaps, bubble baths and toiletries.

5)     Change underwear daily, wash them in hot water (to destroy fungi) and double rinse (to remove any irritating detergent).

6)     Eat healthy nutritious food and drink plenty of fluids. Also sleep for at least 6 hours in a day.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.