Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis lost girth, excessive skin, circumcised. Suggestion?

Hello, I am 48 years old 64kg and 1.8mts tall and circumcised. I have noticed that My Penis when flaacid has lost girth and there is excessive skin around the shaft, this has I think been a progreesive process over possibly a few years.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 47 minutes later

Normal mean flaccid penis length is 4-5 inches. With age, skin of the lower abdomen and pubis descends or sags with age, causing the penis of some men to show some excess skin around it. This may be the cause in your case. It may be to such an extent that sometimes the penis may become hidden in the pubic fat and skin.

The other possibility for such a growth of excess skin around the penis can be due to hypertrophy of corpora cavernosa or in medical conditions like elephantiasis. Hypertrophy is an enlargement of various areas of the body and this may include muscles, skin, appendages or organs.

You should get an examination done from a urologist and get an ultrasound done to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.