Penis is swollen and have hard lump at base of shaft. Is there home treatment for it?

Jul 2016

My penis is swollen and I have hard lump at the base of the shaft. Is this lymphocele? Is there a home treatment or did I need to visit the doctor?
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that ou have a hard lump at the base of the penis and your penis is swollen.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem

1) Do you have Fever?
2) Since how long you do have this lump?
3)Is there any discharge from the lump?
4) Are you Diabetic?
Mostly likely it is a boil A staphylococcal infection of the hair follicle in a stage of induration which has spread in subcutaneous plane of the penis or an infected sebaceous cyst.
However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist.

Please get following basic tests done before you consult him
1)Urine Routine Test
2) Blood sugar levels on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to rule out diabetes.

In the meanwhile start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Further treatment will be decided by Surgeon or urologist and depend upon clinical diagnosis and results of tests.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you any more questions please feel free to ask I shall be happy to address the same .Thanks and Regards.
Follow-up: Penis is swollen and have hard lump at base of shaft. Is there home treatment for it? 2 hours later
No fever
I have had the lump for two days, developed in one day
No discharge
I am not a diabetic

I do not have any issues with urination. No pain.

Can this be caused by masterbation?

I started taking OTC anti inflammatory medication.

Should I put ice on it?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for feedback .No it is not due to masturbation .It is mostly infection of a hair follicle (Boil).
Continue taking antibiotic .It will get resolved within a week. Please do not put ice on it.
Thanks and Regards.