Penis is dark after oral sex and swollen. Why has this happened?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I was having sex with my wife last night and she was giving me a blow job quite agressivly. My penis has gone completely dark blue/black. its only the outer skin my penis head is still pink. It is not painfull just swollen . At the time there was a large swelling on top but this has gone down overnight
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

The information you have provided suggests you have bruised the prepuce of your penis

I presume you are uncircumcised

There are chances that a small vessl would have ruptured and has caused XXXXXXX bleeding

Care to be taken is : Apply ice
2] Avoid sex or manipulation till the skin has returned to absolute normal stage
3] Take an antiinflammatory like Ibuprofen three times a day after meals

If this does not help or the condition worsen in another 48 hours visit your care giver

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept this reply and rate it

Get Well Soon