Penis infection, no intercourse

Question

I have infection in my penis and it is little pain, I am worried how it is possible, as i didn't have sex and no intercourse I am virgin. Can you suggest something for this, this is going to be a great help for me.
my age is 28 years.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 32 minutes later
Hi! XXXXXXX
Yes, it is possible to get infection of penis, without having intercourse. It is especially true in summer and monsoon, when there is lot of humidity. The infection may be fungal in origin. The fungus thrives in hot and humid places, especially where the two opposite skin touch each other, like in between thighs or in between underarms.
You may check your urine (routine & micro). Also get your Blood Sugar (both fasting and two hours after meals) checked.

As symptomatic treatment, till you get the reports done, you may try some Over the Counter (OTC) antifungal medicine to be applied locally. Keep the local are dry and cool, may be by staying in air-conditioned room.

Waiting eagerly for your follow-up.

Follow-up: Penis infection, no intercourse 46 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your answer.

Actually, is there any suggestion on lotion or medicine which I can take to cure it more speedy, I am worried as I am going to get married soon.

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 3 hours later
Hi! XXXXXXX

You may take Over the Counter (OTC) antifungal cream which are less potent like CANDID.

Other measures should be followed.