Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis hurt by rubbing hard, then burnt by ice. Yellowish and cold. Do I need to run to the ER?

Frostbite on glans(glands)      
I hurt my penis from rubbing too hard, and then today I put an icepack directly on it. It started to burn, and it took me 5 seconds before I got it off. The penis head was blue, and then I ran to put it in warm water for 20 min. It now burns and is yellowish. It's still cold, and I have to keep it warm. Do I need to run to the ER?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

You have obviously inflicted a lot damage to your penis- physical trauma followed by cold and hot exposure. After exposure to cold you should have slowly warmed your penis rather than subject it to warm water.

You should certainly go to ER and see a doctor over there. I shall suggest you to apply moisturing cream on to the affected area till you see the doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.