Penis has pinkish rash around the top. Had protected sex. Is eleurphrat cream good? Why does it come back?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
My penis has a pinkish rash around the top and the top half of my shaft underneath my foreskin, I had protected sex, on April 12 and felt abut weird the next day after a month I was tested for herpes because I stil had a strange feeling it came back negative the doc gave me son eleurphrat cream for the rash but when I stopped using it, it returns any ideas??
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 22 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Eleurphrat is a steroidal cream and if the rash subsides on application and comes back after discontinuing it then it means either you are suffering from a fungal infection or irritant dermatitis due to the protection you must have used.

Fungal infection is more of a possibility and an oral course of fluconazole along with application of anti fungal cream should take care of the rash. Your doctor knows about the course of fluconazole. He can prescribe it safely.

An irritant dermatitis might be as a result of cleansers that you might be using to keep the area clean. You may clean it with clean and cold water instead of hard soaps or other agents.

Dr.Rohit Batra