Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis has been damaged by being over-extended downwards and bent down while erect. Cause?

Question
My penis has been damaged by being over-extended downwards (bent down hard while erect) several rimes and now will not sand upright and has no real strength, think I've damaged muscle or tissue
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Kindly reply me with few more details, which will be helpful to make a conclusion:
Since when you are having this problem?
Have you taken any drugs for erectile dysfunction like Sildenafil? If yes since how long you are on these medication and its doses?
Do you have normal erection?
Are you a chronic smoker or alcoholic?
Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Penis has been damaged by being over-extended downwards and bent down while erect. Cause? 24 hours later
this damage probably happened 9-10 years ago, I've never taken any drugs for it.
I can masturbate but it doesn't really have the strength for sex.( it bends at the base,where weakened)
I smoke regularly

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
damage to corpus cspongiosum muscle

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

If you have normal erection & ejaculation during masturbation then its not a major problem. Considering your age what you currently need is some lifestyle modifications as STRESS & ANXIETY are the main culprits for this type of symptoms. You need to stop smoking, if you are obese kindly lose some weight. Regular exercises has shown to be very helpful.
If the symptom persists kindly visit a Urologist, he will examine your penis and come to a conclusion if there is any damage to Corpus spongiosum muscle, also you may be advised few blood investigations like Serum testosterone levels. Depending on the finding you may be given some drugs for sometime.
Because of your young age my only advise for you is Lifestyle modifications. You can take erection enhancing drugs like Sildenafil, kindly speak with your doctor for a prescription.

Follow-up: Penis has been damaged by being over-extended downwards and bent down while erect. Cause? 28 hours later
if the penis is damaged can drugs make it worse?
or if it is healthy can drugs damage it?
the shaft is damaged and unable to rise when aroused, although the penis gets stiffer....are there any surgical remedies to my problem?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgical correction possible

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
I can understand your problem. Drugs are not much helpful, but it can be taken as a temporary measure. From your history as I already said, there could be damage to the Corpus spongiosum muscle or there could be injury to ligaments which support the base of the Penis. This can be confirmed only after clinical examination. Hence I advised you to visit a Urologist.
Yes there are surgical procedures which are helpful to strengthen the base of the penis, most surgical procedures do plication of these muscles. But it all depends on the expertise of the treating surgeon. If the muscles are too weak, there are chances that your doctor might advise you to go for muscle graft. Hope I have clarified your doubts. Please ask if you have more questions.
If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Penis has been damaged by being over-extended downwards and bent down while erect. Cause? 35 hours later
so if there is damage, I can take erection drugs in the meantime, and it won't worsen any damage?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drugs can further worsen the condition

Detailed Answer:
H XXXXXXX
I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons.
Coming back to your question, no its not advisable to take these medicines before being examined by a urologist. If the penile supporting muscles are too weak it can harm you more. So kindly get examined yourself first before taking any medicines.

Medicines are an option, but I highly recommend to use them after confirmation by an urologist.