Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis goes limp after sex. Is this normal?

Oncologist
Question
My penis goes limp after sex, is this normal?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

I watcherweb you sure you immediately that it is absolutely normal for the penis to go limp after sexual intercourse. this is especially true if you have and ejaculation. Generally the penis will go into what we refer to as a refractory period. This may last from 15 minutes to several hours. It is absolutely normal.

Again I want to reassure you that it is completely normal that your penis becomes soft after sexual intercourse. There is nothing otherwise to worry about.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them here.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert