Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis getting bruised easily, lack of lubrication, fungal infection?

for the past 3 months i started geting cuts easily when i make love with my wife between the head and shaft but if we use condom i dont get any cuts. She is always properly lubricated. i also used to feel a burning sensation when i cum in her without a condom maybe 2 months ago but not anymore. we have been married for 19yrs. i am not on any medication but she is on lamictal and seroquel (drugs for bipola)
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

I need to know certain things before giving my advice

1.Whether you are known diabetic and if not whether it has been ruled out.
2.Does your wife any discharge per vagina.

Actually it sounds like an infection OR the worse case scenario an STD/herpes.It could also be because of dry weather , the skin would have cut. It needs to be checked and also your wife too needs to be will need to wear a condom till it gets treated.

Till then you can apply over the counter antifungals like Lotrimin AF or Monistat 1.

You need to see urologist and get it examined .

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Penis getting bruised easily, lack of lubrication, fungal infection? 10 hours later
just went to take a diabetic test and i am ok. The fasting sugar was 6.3 and my bp was also checked and its ok. Wife having a discharge i cant tell if she had. The burning when cuming is not there nowadays as in say 1month ago but the cut if u do without condom and abit of bruise near the cut. I started to wash in dettol 2 months agao and it helped for the penis to be better. And i still dclean it in dettol after we make love just to make cut heal fast and any bruises.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

It is good to hear that your blood sugar is fine.

Since your are not sure about your wife vaginal health whether it discharges or not, it is better to rule out fungal infection.

Second thing is a local skin problems at the junction of head and shaft something like Balanitis Xerosis ( Dry prepuce) can cause such problems of redness, itching when there is no great lubrication. The condom brings better lubrication and that is why you do not have problems while using condom.

Third thing it is not a good idea to use Dettol as it further dries up the local area and add problems. Instead using a good lubricants like Vaseline helps.

Hence putting all the above together, I suggest you see a local General Physician / Dermatologist and get proper treatment. This helps with easy healing and further sex life.

Hope I answered your query.