Penis gets soft after sexual intercourse, ejaculate easily.

Psychiatrist
Question
Lately, after extended sexual sessions with my new and highly energetic girlfriend, my penis gets soft - Is this normal for a 44 year old male. Also, I seem to ejaculate way too easily.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 17 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for getting help in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 44 years old male.
• Complaint of easy ejaculation and soft penis.

Yes, it is indeed normal that your penis gets soft after each sexual session irrespective of your age.

Sex has three phases:
-Excitement
-Orgasm
-Resolution

After orgasm penis return to its normal shape and become soft (resolution phase). To get erection again, some latent time (few hours to one day) is required which differ from person to person.

In contrast, females can experience extended orgasm without any latent time.

Normal ejaculatory latent time is more than 3 minute and it differs again from person to person. If it is less in your case then you can use following methods to extend your pleasure:

-more foreplay
-woman on top during sex
-condoms (some brands) that help in delaying ejaculation

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.