Penis foreskin is twice as big. Using cock ring to enhance erection and don't use viagra. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
My penis foreskin is twice as big than 6 months ago. I don't have any infection neither rash or disconfort. I'm 72 years old, very healthy and still sexually active, once or twice a week. The only thing different that I have been using a cock ring to enhance my erection. I don't use any pills such as Viagra.
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 59 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern for the relatively long appearance of foreskin. It is sometimes really distressing for male to have anything unusual over genital region.

The very first thing you should know is that the changes you have in foreskin is perfectly a normal thing.

To explain you medically- the changes in your skin are simple age related things which are perceptible from last 6 months. As we proceed in our 4th to 5th decade of life, our collagen content in the skin declines. This collagen is a very important biochemical in providing strength and luster to the skin. As on the foreskin we have very less fat underlying and there fore is very thin skin compared to rest of the body, so as the age progresses the changes of loose and shrunken skin are evident accordingly.

I don’t think that you have experienced any problem from the long foreskin. In an uncircumcised male there may be a problem of irritation due to deposition of secretions over glans. For the prevention of any infection or irritation, you can retract the foreskin during bath and clean the glans area to prevent the accumulation of normal secretions known as smegma.

IN my clinical practice I very commonly see this kind of condition quite frequently in persons above 50 years of age. So in yours is a good part that it is seen at the age of 72 years means good collagen regeneration till this age.

If at all the patient is very much worried about the condition then very rarely we advise Circumcision. But as it is a normal condition there fore it is irrational to put knife at this area. Most importantly as it is totally normal condition so it will never be hampering the normal sexual activity also.

I also advise you to take lot of vitamin C (present in all the sour fruits) in your diet and good proteins which helps in collagen rebuilding. If you feel any sort of dryness then you can apply plane moisturizing cream without any fragrance in it (such as white petroleum gelly).

I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases)