Penis feels sticky. No rashes and spots. What could be causing the stickiness?

For the past month my penis always feels sticky. The whole thing and even after I wash it, it feels sticky. What could be causing this? There are no rashes or spots on it, but it doesn't feel normal unless I have an erection
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No major issues for now, be calm.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I really do not think its a major issue from the way you describe. However, it might be of interest knowing if you have changed climate or the inner wears that you put on. These environmental factors could have a role in penile consistency. If you do not experience any urethral discharge, pain, excessive urination, weak erections nor any rashes, it really in my opinion should not be a major concern. I am afraid at some point, it could be psychological.

That not withstanding, I suggest you really do take some observation again for a couple of days or up to a weal. If you really do feel it really has changed, I would suggest you take an appointment with a urologist for a complete clinical review. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health.

Bain LE, MD.
Follow-up: Penis feels sticky. No rashes and spots. What could be causing the stickiness? 3 hours later
The one thing that is happening is that I cant get erections with my girlfriend. Either very soft or no erection. However I can get hard erections when I am by myself, sometimes easily and sometimes it takes a while, it just depends. I've been with her for over 3 years now and again it suddenly just happened a month ago. But I have noticed I still get erections sometimes during the night and in the mornings, so I don't know what to do to fix it. In fact we just tried again tonight but I noticed my heart was racing because I was so anxious and once again no erection
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
No serious physical or organic problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think there is a psychological component here that must be carefully considered. It s important to rethink your real, truthful affection for her. The relationship might need some rekindling because sexual amusement and quality of sex really depends very much in on these psychological issues. Increasing the duration of pre sexual touches, kissing and other bodies of each other sensitive sexually that you might have noticed over time could help. Changing the environment for a small holiday else where, stress are other key determinants.

Work on these and in case of persistence, you might seek the services of a sexologist or a psychologist. I really do not think its an organic of physical problem.

Thanks again and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.