Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis bending backwards, peyronie's disease, abstinence from sex, no ejaculation, only masturbation. Causes for disease ?

Question
Hello doctor,
I am 68 years now. 65.5 kgs in weight and 5ft 8 in tall. I am in abstinence since 8 years. I am taking hypertensive drugs since 30 years. Because of strain resulting in ejaculation, we have stopped sex since 8 years. About 5 years back i have just by chance indulged in masturbation. Since then I am indulging at least once a month. Previously when i was 20 years old, i used to indulge in this. since 3 years I am observing my penis is bending backwards when it stiffens. I am told that it is peyronie disease . Is it so? if so do i have to discontinue the masturbation? I am not bothered about intercourse and all that at this age. how can i straighten the penis. I am clean. there are no white plaques around scrotum.Kindly advise
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 31 minutes later

Peyronie's disease is abnormal bending in the penis during erection due to formation of fibrous scars in the penis.It can occur due to any injury,in hypertensive and diabetic patients or is genetic in origin.

Regarding the treatment options Vitamin E capsules,Tamoxifen,steroid injection are available.

Since you have developed this recently consider taking vitamin E once a day for few months.If there is no associated symptom and you are comfortable while masturbating then it can be left as such.

Usually drug treatment has not been very successful as it only helps in pain and numbness and for correction of the bend surgery is the option available.

Penile prosthesis,shock wave therapy are some other treatment options.

You can consider visiting your Physician for evaluation who can guide you accordingly.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.

Follow-up: Penis bending backwards, peyronie's disease, abstinence from sex, no ejaculation, only masturbation. Causes for disease ? 27 hours later
thanks for the advise. I have a question. if i take vitamin E capsule every day, will it correct the bend? Are are there any side effects while taking vitamin E. Kindly suggest which medicine will have Vitamin E ? Orelse if i left it as it is , will it be ok?

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

There is no harm in taking Vitamin E capsules and these are available in the name of "Evion". You can take them once a day for 3 months and observe for any changes.

As I mentioned you previously, medications only help in relieving associated symptoms as pain and numbness if present. The bend can only be corrected by means of surgery.

If there is no pain while masturbating, then it can be left as such and if you are comfortable while having intercourse even that can be performed.

I hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you Good health!