Penis becomes red and irritated after sex. Had Bartholin cyst removed. What could this be? Treatment?

Question
My partner states that sometimes after we have sex, his penis is very irritated and the shaft and the side is red in color. I've recently had a Bartholin cyst removed and that seems to be the side his redness, and peeling occurs, I'be been tested recently and everything was normal. Tell me why is it that he is irritated but not me. His penis looks red, peels, and kinda look like bumps but they are not bumps. He states it doesn't happen often jus sometimes?
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 55 minutes later
Hi XXXXX...
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
You should get a local examination, you might be having a local scar or scar tag or a suture at the local Bartholin excision site which is a sufficient source of irritation to the soft and thin skin of penis.
If you have hard pubic hair and the stubs after shaving may be rubbing hard giving the fellow difficult time.
He can be helped a great deal by just wearing condom at time of sex.
I hope the advise will be informative and helpful for you.

Follow-up: Penis becomes red and irritated after sex. Had Bartholin cyst removed. What could this be? Treatment? 17 minutes later
What is a local examination?? Can a Pap smear determine HPV

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 13 hours later
Hi XXXXX...
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic!
Local examination means seeing the vagina externally by inspection and XXXXXXX view bt passing a Sim speculum, to see if there is any local problem like scar.
Pap smear can give an idea of presence of HPV but confirmation test is differently done on the sample from the local site which is collected by a specific HPV test brush sample.