Ask a Urologist   »  

Penis became small due to masturbation. Will this affect sexual relationship?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
Hi doctor,my friend is 26 years old.His penis size become too small now since he is doing masturbating with the floors for long time for some 2 years.Now he is worrying too much since his penis size become too samll. Is it affect his future life after marriage and is this leads to any physical problem to him.Please let me know whether do i need to take him to the doctor in person.Please guide me to help him to overcome this problem
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 16 minutes later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am glad to know that you are worried about your friend. Chronic or addictive masturbation can become a problem especially with social relations and even future marriage. But be rest assured that the fact that he is masturbating is not responsible for his small size (if he has a small penis this might come to him naturally). While masturbation is a good thing when done moderately say twice or thrice a week, but when it becomes chronic and more frequent it will be a problem and especially when it comes to having a life time sex partner. Impotency might result and the ability to be able to satisfy your partner becomes a problem.

What to do to help your friend? Ask him if he actually wants to stop. If answer is yes, then how far is he determined to stop. Do discuss with him about the consequences of masturbation (especially when it will come to his marriage life). It will be more useful to him if a doctor or health care practitioner was helping.
It will require a lot of self motivation from his side and he should get involved in doing something else when ever he feels like masturbating. He can gradually reduce the frequency until he is able to stop completely. After stopping, it will take him sometime to recover completely and maybe allow his sex organs to adapt to new conditions (perhaps a woman's vagina).

Hope this helps and wish you and friend the best.
Dr Nsah

Follow-up: Penis became small due to masturbation. Will this affect sexual relationship? 12 minutes later
Hi Doctor,so for bring him better condition shall we follow any treatment for his future benefit or is there any possiblity to bring his ability to normal at any instance

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 12 minutes later
What your friend needs is proper psychological rehabilitation as most of his problem will be coming from his mind. His penis might have more sensitivity to touch and he might suffer from preejaculation but with good rehabilitation ( from a sex specialist) will do him great. There is no medical treatment for masturbation addiction, mostly psychotherapy will be properly indicated. The treatment might take a lot of time, but when properly done, your friend will or might completely be healed.
Do not let him indulge into use of viagra.

Hope this helps and if you are satisfied, please accept my answer.
Dr Nsah