Penile itching during urination, later smelly yellowish water. Reason?

Question
For the last 2 days my penis is bit itchy during urinating but today yellowish water coming from there once a while , also it's very smelly . What's that reason
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 48 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that you have an infection that may require treatment.

Infections involving the urethra ( the passage way in the penis through which urine and semen pass) in men can be related to germs that cause sexually transmitted infections or those that are associated with urinary tract infection there would be burning when you urinate, you would pass urine often and have to rush to the bathroom. Some persons would also have pain in the abdomen and fever.

The fact that you are having a yellow liquid coming from the penis and a bad odour means that it is most likely to be a sexually transmitted infection.

The most common sexually transmitted infections that can cause a discharge are trichomonas, gonorrhoea, chlamydia.
To find out what is causing your discharge, you would need to see your doctor who would take a swab of the discharge and send it to the lab.

Your doctor will also start you on some anti biotic treatment.

You may need to treat your partner as well, your doctor will tell you if this is needed.

I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Penile itching during urination, later smelly yellowish water. Reason? 1 hour later
Ok thanks. Is it possible to cure the sexually transmitted disease through antibiotic tablets ? Pls reply.

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 21 minutes later
Hi

Trichomonas, chlamydia and gonorrhoea can all be cured with antibiotics.

There are other sexually transmitted infections but they would not present with the discharge that you are describing.
Herpes would normally present with a painful rash that turns to small ulcers- it cannot be cured but medication is used to treat when the rash occurs

Syphilis can be cured, it would normally present initially with an ulcer

Hepatitis B- infection of the liver, is also sexually transmitted. It resolves completely in some persons, in others it may go on to chronic liver disease

HIV- this cannot be cured

Please feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Penile itching during urination, later smelly yellowish water. Reason? 6 minutes later
Thanks for ur reply sir.
From yesterday evening and today , yellow liquid coming from my pennis with bad odour. It is coming once in a while without my knowledge and also my pennis is irritating while urinating.
Just now I met a doctor he gave antibiotic tablets.

How long it takes to cure?
Can I get any change by tomorrow( any improvement ) ?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 17 minutes later
Hi

It may take 2 to 3 days before you notice any improvement.
In terms of cure, it is advised for most of these infections that a person does not have sex until a week after the antibiotics are finished.
so you have to wait till 7 days after you have finished the medication

Please feel you can ask any additional questions

Follow-up: Penile itching during urination, later smelly yellowish water. Reason? 36 minutes later
So I hope my disease will be cured through this antibiotic tablets and syrup?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 11 minutes later
Hi

Different antibiotics are required for different infections.If your doctor has given you the right antibiotics for your specific infection then it should work.

It would depend on the type of infection you have and what antibiotics you were given.

Follow-up: Penile itching during urination, later smelly yellowish water. Reason? 47 hours later
Hi ,
After I took the medicine for the last 2 days , I didn't feel any pain during urinating.
But sometimes yellow odour water coming.

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI

If there is a decrease in pain , it means that the infection is improving, this is good.
It will take a few more days for all the symptoms to completely resolve at least 7 days.

You need to complete the course of antibiotics

If after you have completed the course, you still have symptoms then your doctor may ask to do a repeat swab or urine sample to send to the lab

Some bacteria are resistant to some antibiotics and the lab will indicate if the bacteria causing your infection is resistant to the antibiotics given. If this happens you would be given another set of antibiotics. This is only if you still have symptoms after you have completed the antibiotic course.