Penile fracture, erection problems, on Vitamin E pills, penegra medication. Permanent erectile dysfunction ?

Hello doctor,

In brief, During an intercourse 2 yrs back i had severe pain, like penile fracture (as i researched). I had erection problems for a month but in few months it was back to normal. Suddenly, one day during sex i failed to achieve erection and ever since im having problems maintaining erection.

I consulted a sexologist, who prescribed me some vit E pills and anti-anxiety ones along with Penegra tablets for sexual activity. I have been using Penegra for sex but im not happy with ED problem.

I do surf net for porn, very regularly and for years, like 8 years. I can achieve erection whilst watching porn but its very short lived.

My question is: IS this Permanent ED? Please help me, im 27 and have lost all my confidence. I cant rely on pills, feel less of a man. Please guide me.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

You seem to have developed Penile fracture and post penile fracture, the penile erection usually acheived is not of the same rigidity and also of the same duration, as compared to earlier to the fracture.

There would definitely be some amount of residual impact on your sexual function. Please do not be disheartened. You should be doing well soon.

However, you should be thankful that you are doing well with Penegra. You need to continue on Penegra for good erections. If you are a smoker, you should surely quit smoking because smoking also impairs erection.

Hope my suggestions are helpful to you.

Follow-up: Penile fracture, erection problems, on Vitamin E pills, penegra medication. Permanent erectile dysfunction ? 29 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Well, isn't there any permanent solution to my problem? Like surgery which could get me back to normal life?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

You can have artifical penile prosthesis implanted into your penis but it is indicated only for patients who fail drug therapy.