Pelvic scan showed everything normal. Suggested to take progesterone and estrogen. Should I take daily and which brand?

Following your advice to go and do fsh,prolactin test I have done so today but it takes three wEeks for the result to come out.also my gyneacologist insisted I go repeat pelvic scan w the best consultant in my state,I have done that and the result indicates that every thing is normal-uterus,endometric lines,ovaries both in size and structure,no cyst or I have to wait for three weeks for the test result to come out however u have suggested I take progesterone and estrogen tablet for 21 days,pls can you tell me how to use It daily and a particular brand name of each as I itend to go ahead with the drugs while awaiting the test,I really want to get dis issue solved fastly to enable me get pregnant.thanks
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 5 days later
It is better to go through all primary test for subfertility like ultrasound scan, hysterosalpingography for tubal patency, Serum FSH, Prolactin , random blood sugar & husband semen analysis before starting any medication.
I am glad to know that your ultrasound scan is normal but still first get investigated for remaining investigations & after getting reports it will be decided whether you are in really need of progesterone tablets or not.
Secondly estrogen +progesterone tablets are taken to regularize periods & not for subfertility.
For subfertility only progesterone is taken if needed.
I will be available for your further queries.