Pelvic pain, twinges on shoulder, nausea, dizziness and palpitations. What could be the cause?

I have moderate pelvic pain on my left hand side, coupled with twinges in shoulder on the left side also. I feel nauseous but haven't vomited at all. I get dizzy and my heart palpitates but not lots. I don't have constipation or diarrhoea but am bloated.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

If the symptoms you mentioned above are since long term, they make me suspicious about you having Chronic PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease).The symptoms are very typical and have to be ascertained by imaging studies like ultrasound scan and blood tests like inflammatory cell counts for you to be started on antibiotics.

A detailed gynaecological examination also has to be done to rule out conditions like uterine fibroids, Pelvic endometriosis , genital TB (Tuberculosis)etc which behave the same way.

Similar but a bit more uncomfortable symptoms developed over short time will be encountered in acute PID .The examination and treatment for both are the same .Hence do consult a gynaecologist soon for early diagnosis and management.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.