Pelvic pain, hurts after sex. Laparoscopy showed endometriosis. Planning for baby. What to do?

Hello, i have very bad pelvic pain both sides, come and go all the time. Painkillers not always helpful, its especially hurts after intercourse, i always have to curl up my self to sleep after that. Its gets into my personal life now as my partner worries that he doing something wrong :-( I`d describe pain on the scale from 1 to 10 as 10.
I went to see my local doctor, he had a look from my papers years ago that i had laparascopy and small ammounts of endometriosis been found, he saying that i have to carry on take painkillers for it and that theres nothing can be done, but im worried as in nearest future me and my partner planning to try for a baby, what can i do? ..thank you
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 35 minutes later

Your symptoms are not specific for one particular cause.

Ideally this issue should be handled by OBGy doctor, in case you have seen your GP.

First a clinical evaluation needs to be undertaken.

Even though you had endometriosis in past, this doesn't typically look like endometriosis.

So few investigations like sonography and if needed CT scan needs to be undertaken to know underlying cause of pain.

These investigations will also help to evaluate your fertility status.

So ideal next step would be to see a OBGY doctor.

Hope that answers your question.

Follow-up: Pelvic pain, hurts after sex. Laparoscopy showed endometriosis. Planning for baby. What to do? 9 minutes later
Thank you for answer, its indicating that i was right to require referal to specialist, as my doctor that i`ve seen didn`t want to do that at all even though i `cried` how painful my pains get. I hope my borderline cells change in test result from my first smear test have nothing to do with what im experiencing.
Thank you again !
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 9 minutes later
Thanks for follow up question.

This doesn't look related to borderline cell changes, but even that needs specialist care.