Pelvic, hip and lower back pain with numbness and tingling in legs. What does it indicate?

Spine Surgeon
I have had pelvic ,hip and lower back pain for about six months now i have numbness and tingling in my legs, my legs feel very tight but they are not swollen . some days the pain is so unbearable even in a resting position. I need directions on what type of Dr. I need to see. I am 46 years old, female and i do smoke about a 1/2 pk a day. saw OB last month all negative.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
consult ortho doctor

Detailed Answer:
It could be from the spine. Nerves getting pressuried in lower spine can cause buttock and leg pain with tingling numbness. I would suggest to consult ortho docyor and get a thorough exam. You may need to grt hip and spine xrays as well. Thanks.