Pea sized lump appears on the back of neck. Should I be worried?

I have a pea size lump on the back of my neck. If I press on it it doesn't move but it causes a sensation going up my left side of my head and feels fuzzy. Should I be worried?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 54 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The lump in this location is most likely a lipoma.
Lipomas are benign tumors and almost never cause problem when on skin like in your case except that they may have cosmetic concerns and for that reason can be removed surgically.
If the lump has been there for years and has not grown much then that is a lipoma for sure.
If it is new and rapidly growing then you should consult a local surgeon nearest to you.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.