Pea size structure on epididymis, cyst, spermatocele. Is this dangerous?

I found a pea sized structure on top my right epididymis. I read that it is normally a cyst that does not require treatment. The structure is not on the testis and it is completely painless. At the same time I noticed differences in the structures, for example I can touch really easily my right epididymis but not my left. It is just very uncomfortable to have it (i.e. the thought of having it). Should I worry about it? or is probably just a benign cyst or a spermatocele. I have a history of hitting my testicles (specially on top) very often. No additional symptoms are found. The way I found out, was when I was masturbating and my penis hit my right testicle by accident, then it hurt a little and I wanted to check. When I checked I found that my penis hit this structure. however when I touch it, there is no pain. It also tend to change in size specially when I take a warm bath or after masturbation. I am also a huge hypochondriac.
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Hi, i understand. You are right. You have one of them. If worried, u may consult and an ultrasound scan will help. It needs surgical removal only if it becomes big, otherwise left alone. Hope this helps. Kindly get back for doubts, if any. Dr GSRINIVASAN.