Ask a Urologist   »  

Patches of white bubbles in urine. Is this normal ?

I have patches of white bubles in my urine. Is this normaL? I AM TAKING CRANBERY CAPSULES AND DRINKING LOTS OF WATER. (I have arthritis and chronic pain and I will be seeing a surgeon about gallstones).
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query
Sometimes people perceive foamy urine as "bubbles in urine XXXXXXX This may not mean anything if it only happens once in awhile, and doesn't seem to be getting progressively worse. It could just be from urinating rapidly.
 Drink plenty of water for awhile and see if it goes away. If it doesn't go away, then it could be a sign of protein in your urine (proteinuria), which may indicate a kidney infection. It's best to see your doctor if you're concerned.

Bubbles in your urine stream could also be caused by a diabetes or in aged people.
Get your urine tested for urine infection and protein and also get tested for diabetes.
In the mean while pending your visit to your doctor,keep taking cranberry tablets and plenty of water.
Most likely,you may not have anything.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.