Patch on upper lip under nose, scales over, no blood or itching. Help

Hello, I have a 2mm size 'patch' on my upper lip under my nose. I have had it for about 2 years now & it has gotten a little bigger through out the 2 years. I went to the Dr today and he thinks it's a fibrous papule. I don't know because it's not a bump or pimple like. You can only see it if you look super close or see it in the light. It scales over then I end up scratching it off & it scales back over in a few days. No blood, itching or pain. Best way to decrice it is after a pimple has healed the last step is it flakes off...please help!

Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 6 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

Could you upload a photo of the patch?
It would help be better in further management.
Follow-up: Patch on upper lip under nose, scales over, no blood or itching. Help 46 hours later
I uploaded a picture though it is hard to see since it is the same color as my skin & so small. It almost looks like couple little blisters together. A while ago I did use a skin lightener on my moustache area because after I had my baby 3 years ago, if I ever went in the sun it would XXXXXXX & make me look like I had a moustache. I have also used hair removal creams. I didn't notice this 'patch' until after I used the skin lightener but I don't know if it is related. It started out about the size of the tip of a PIN & in 2 years is now the size of 2-3 PEN tips. I't like a tiny bit of dead skin will appear on it (like a healed pimple) then it comes off & reappears a few days later.
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 26 hours later
Thanks for the photo posted .

There are two possibilities:

It could be a sebaceous hyperplasia where the oil glands form a small growth which is skin colored .
The other options are fibrous papule , Milia , Sweat Gland Cysts , Acne cysts.

Whichever the condition above , it cannot be treated with any cream .

The area will need to be treated with a radio frequency equipment at the Dermatology clinic . The area will need to be made numb first with the help of the topical anesthetic cream and then the pen like instrument is used to remove the lesions .
It will form a scab there for 5 to 10 days and then your normal skin will form over it .

Thanks and Take care