Passing urine frequently at night, drinking water in the morning, no pain while urinating. Is this normal?

I have off late wake up in the night alteast once to pass urine. At time I have got up 3 times, this happened in the last week where i work 3 times in 4 days.

I have practice of drinking 6 glases (or a litre) of water every morning (following for more than 15 yrs) and on need basis during the day.
I have no pain while urinating.

Is this normal?, what the causes for this?
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 30 hours later

Thanks for writing.
Normal urine output is more during the day than night. The reason for this being what is called diurnal variation. But when u are awake at night, the urine output is like day time and so urine output is more. So thats the explanation.
Also if it is not associated with other symptoms there is no need to worry. Normal adults can get up upto two times at night according to science.
Water intake of one liter in the mornings is ok , as long as you are ready to go the toilet often. As long as the kidneys are functioning well, it removes the water promptly!
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan
Follow-up: Passing urine frequently at night, drinking water in the morning, no pain while urinating. Is this normal? 18 hours later
Please let me what are the other symptoms that needs to be looked into to assess this condition correctly.

Also I often find it difficult to complete my morning routine ( for motion stool) in one go.. it often takes me two attempts ( may be after a gap of half hour) to complete.
Does this have any link to the above condition?

If this is a separate condition, is that normal? what are the causes/remedies for this?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later

Thanks for ur reply. Symptoms that needs to be looked into are

Urine- Burning, blood in urine, straining to pass, pain in the tummy- need medical attention.
Motion- Alternate tight stool with loose stool, Blood in stool- need medical attention.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any.