Passing stools frequently. Smells pungent. Took Flagyl. On cardicor and zoton. Suffer acid reflux. No vomiting. What to do?

Hi i got a bug on holidays a while ago symptoms were frequent toilet trips ( not loose stools just regular) my stools were very very pungent as was the wind it smelled like something was dead inside me as i was on holiday i was not able to see my doctor (appointment is for this week) so i went to chemist abroad and they gave me Flagyl 500 at 3@ day they frequent toilet trips and wind has subsided but heres the thing (i take cardicor 2.5 for irregular heart beat and zoton for stomach acid ) i got a really warm feeling in my left side (stomach area) for a few minutes yesterday and now im getting acid reflux by nights end and i have a pain in that side on and off now also ????what do you think is really wrong with me i have normal stools no blood or anything like that and no vomiting
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some clarifications

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.

1. What is the reason that you are taking Zoton regularly
2. Do you take alcohol or.smoke
3. Have you investigated yourself until now?

Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards and wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Follow-up: Passing stools frequently. Smells pungent. Took Flagyl. On cardicor and zoton. Suffer acid reflux. No vomiting. What to do? 25 minutes later
I have had heartbeat problems since cancer treatment i did drink an smoke but not for many yrs i wad only a social user on both i had a camera put down my stomach some yrs ago but nothing untoward was ever found my diet is good but i did think that my Ph balance wasn't right we have had an unusually warm humid summer here this yr an the hospit))als and doctors say that there is a lot of bugs here this yr. I go ti a con2sultant every 3 months (6was since my last visit
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be GERD

Detailed Answer:
From your description it appears that you did have an infection.
You have taken flagyl after which infection got controlled. However flagyl is harsh on the gastric PH and can cause nausea and gastro esophageal reflux disease.
You are already taking Zoton. Probably you need to shift this medicine to either pantorazole or rantac and to treat the acidity vigorously.
If the symptoms still persist then probably you need to get your stools examined under a microscope.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD