Passing stool through vagina, stomach pain, ulcerative colitis, clarithromycin

I'm 46 in heart failure, & have liver + left kidney issues. I have ulcertative colitis and 1 dose of clarithromycin (of 10 days) remaining for left lung pneumonia. The pneumonia feels like it's spread to right lung & doubled back in the left. Beyond that, 3 days ago I started passing what's obviously stool thru my vaginal opening & I have dull aching pain in bottom of my stomach & low back. I had a total hyst 20yrs ago, positive it's not blood - it's def stool. I've had to make a 1,000 mi move during all of this & just arrived in my new community: I don't have a local dr. I HATE running to the dr for every little thing, but is this combo important enuf that I should take an ER trip or can I wait until I can find a clinic appt on Mon? Do I have protection from the pneumonia & any stool bacteria since I've been on the antibiotic for 9.5 days?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Passing stool through the vaginal opening is quite abnormal and if you are so sure that it is stool then you must see a gynaecologist as it can be a rectovaginal fistula.

Since you already had hysterectomy then there are no chances of infecting your vagina or uterus due to stool but you are definitely exposed to the risk of urinary infection. The antibiotic you are taking will provide protection against the infection upto some extent.

In my opinion there is no need to rush to an ER but you will definitely have to arrange an appointment with a local gynaecologist within next 4-5 days for proper examination.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.