Passing loose motion with vomiting and excessive burping. Have fatty liver. What am I suffering from?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
Hi Doctor...Had 4 Loose Motions in last hour... from yesterday i was feeling uncomfortable (like feeling of vomiting).. These days I am having excessive burping(with sound) and gas... 2 3 month back(in winters) i vomited 5- 6 times in interval of 10 days.. I have to walk after meal for 15-20 minutes.. last month I undergo barium meal test.. it is normal.. Liver is grade 1 fatty , Vitamin B12 was 86 (I have taken injection and right now taking multivitamin) .. Stool test was normal (except vegetable traces) ..no thyroid ... lost around 5 to 6 KG from last five months ..please help..
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 28 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, now a days you are suffering from acute gastroenteritis.
Presence of loose motions, vomiting and excessive burping suggests the diagnosis.

Considering your past symptoms, there appears to be possibility of decreased gastrointestinal motility.
Persistent vomiting along with abdominal heaviness suggest the diagnosis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging, endoscopy and serum amylase and lipase, thyroid profile, blood sugar level, and serum calcium.
You should also go for urea breathe test for H. Pylori.
If Urea breathe test is found to be positive then you have to take complete eradication therapy for H. Pylori bacteria.

Hypothyroidiam, hypocalcemia and diabetes are common causes of decreased gastrointestinal motility.

Meanwhile, you should take complete antibiotic therapy, probiotics, antispasmodics (if abdominal pain is present).
You should maintain your hydration by taking potassium XXXXXXX liquids.
Avoid milk and all milk related products.

Once you recover from acute gastroenteritis then you should go for above prescribed investigations and should take prokinetics along with proton pump inhibitors.

You should avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, oily and spicy foods.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Passing loose motion with vomiting and excessive burping. Have fatty liver. What am I suffering from? 39 minutes later
Thank you Sir for Reply... from today on words i will take probiotics rinifol..
Sir I already gone for

1. barium meal test NORMAL
2. ultrasound of whole abdomen NORMAL with grade 1 fatty liver
3. Absolute Esosinophil count 150 /cumm
4. Amylase 55 U/L
5. Complete Haemogram
6. Differential Leucocyte Count
7. Urine BS/BP -> Negative
8. Urine R/E NORMAL
9. Hepatitis B, C -> Non Reactive
10. TFT [FT3,FT4,TSH] NORMAL
11. Stool RE ME normal

Doctor do i need to go for endoscopy as i m uncomfortable with it.. and please tell me should i go for urea breathe test for H. Pylori. ...

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 minutes later
As per my information, Rinifol is a multivitamin not a probiotics.
You can take another probiotics such as Vibact DS/ Enbioz/ VSL #3.
Your defined blood investigations appear to be normal.
You should definitely go for endoscopy along with urea breathe test.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Passing loose motion with vomiting and excessive burping. Have fatty liver. What am I suffering from? 44 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for prompt reply.. Just last question should i take Vibact DS only.. Or any antibiotic with it..
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 minutes later
You should take antibiotics, probiotics and antispasmodics on written prescription.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava