Passing larvae like things in stool. Is it a worm parasite?

I have been passing these larvae like things in my stool thet are oblong and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long I guess it's a worm parasite like to know what it is and how to rid of them!
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Mebendazole and metronidazole to be used Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I would like to start by asking if you have any pets at home (dogs or cats especially)? If yes, have your pets been sick lately and have they been examined? Either way, it is best to take your pet to a veterinarian and you to visit your doctor for a stool examination at the earliest. Based on your description, it does sound like you could have hookworms, but these are normally not visible to the eye. In my opinion, as tests take time to report a result, before your diagnosis is made, your doctor could start a course of metronidazole and mebendazole. But, unfortunately both these medications are prescription drugs and so you will have to visit your doctor for a prescription sir. I hope you understand why you will have to visit a doctor sir. As for now, if you have a pet you will have to isolate it. Next, you will have to be very careful while passing stool, do not strain, and make sure you wash your hands thoroughly. Do not handle any food, and it is best to boil all the food that is being made at home. For a while, you will have to up your hygiene even if you are at a good level already sir. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Wishing you a speedy recovery sir. Best wishes.