Passing large amount of puss but no stool. What is going on?

Dermatologist
Question
i sat to use restroom and i pooed out nothing but a large amount of puss and im really worried if it is an abcess is there any way for me to treat it i have no insurance i feel no real pain maybe a little uncomfort in tummy
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 26 minutes later

This is most probably an abscess. Actually this is called as ischiorectal abscess. The pus is formed around your rectum and has formed a communication with the rectum hence draining into it.
Please XXXXXXX a general physician and start taking antibiotics.
The definitive treatment will be drainage by a surgeon.
Let me know if you have any other query.

Wishing you a good health.

Thank you

Follow-up: Passing large amount of puss but no stool. What is going on? 9 hours later
wouldnt it have been drained if all that puss cvame out i have no insurance i have been taking augmentin could this take care of the problem cause have not had any more puss lately

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Hello
thanks for writing back.
The pus might have drained but the cavity needs to be closed. Also there is a communication between the cavity and your rectum. This has to be sealed else it will keep troubling you.
Augmentine is good. If you were my patient, I would additionally prescribe you tablet metronidazole 400 mg thrice daily for 7 days.
Thank you

Follow-up: Passing large amount of puss but no stool. What is going on? 5 hours later
is there a chance there is an XXXXXXX abcess

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 50 minutes later
thanks for query.
It is not an XXXXXXX abscess, with XXXXXXX abscess there will be other symptoms also.
It is an abscess formed in your buttock area, but even this cavity must be closed. I strongly recommend you to XXXXXXX a surgeon and please keep taking antibiotics . Thank you

Follow-up: Passing large amount of puss but no stool. What is going on? 2 days later
how do i do this with no insurance or not enough money to pay cash for it

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 44 minutes later

I understand your problem, but as a doctor I must advice what is necessary.

Given your condition, it is imperative to XXXXXXX a local doctor and get examined. There are 'Cash Only' doctors who give great discounts up to 90% whom you can find in your local area. There are certain Urgent clinics managed by Nurse practitioners at very low cost. Try to find them out in the area.

Anyhow for now, you can continue for antibiotics till you feel there is no pus coming in stool.

Thank you