Passed A1 medical test, color vision test, fog test. Details about 100 Hue color vision test?

Question
dear sir i got selected for railway job but in medical exam A1 MEDICAL test my case is referred to chennai XXXXXXX nethralayam to test 100U COLOUR VISION TEST PLS SEND ME ALL DETAILS ABOUT THAT ONE
i passed all tests including colour vision test 6/6 with out glasses test and also fog test but even i passed all tests doctor from hubli issued one letter and reffered my case to XXXXXXX nethralayam chennai to test COLOUR VISION BY 100HUE TEST iam very much tension because if this one is my life i passed all exams including medical but even doctors putted me in tension i searched a lot about this test and got one website for this test but it is very confusing for me and i enquired so many hospitals for this test but they dont have that equipment so pls help me sir
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 26 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the Query.

First of all I would like to let you know that your Life is not in Danger if you undergo this test. This test is done to test your Color vision which means to know how good your Eyes are in perceiving different colors.

In this test four trays containing removable color reference caps spanning the visible spectrum of your eyes. I don't know the exact number of color caps which would be used. Any Color vision abnormality is detected, by testing your ability to place the color caps in order of hue.

Your Instructor will guide you better.

Hope I have answered your Query. i will be available to answer your Follow up Queries.

Wish you All the Very Best.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Passed A1 medical test, color vision test, fog test. Details about 100 Hue color vision test? 8 minutes later
thank u very much sir i tested this test on one website WWW.WWWW.WW and iam getting 25-80 score randomly testing each hour is it ok for this score or any problem for my age 24. if only 0 score is eligible for this test ? or any number depending up on our age pls clarify this one

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 13 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back.

Since your score is between 25 and 80, it fairly means you have Protanopia where in you have a defective perception of red color. Kindly don't worry, repeat the test with the help of a expert and you will know the exact situation.

Just relax and go ahead with the test.

All the Best.

Wish you Good Health.

Follow-up: Passed A1 medical test, color vision test, fog test. Details about 100 Hue color vision test? 1 hour later
ok THANK U VERY MUCH and tell me one thing in online some colours are confusing due to lcd shading and if we go hospital then small caps will be given or online test will be there and tell me the score range for better perfomance

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you once again for writing back.

It varies from Hospital to Hospital set up and majority of the Hospitals Use small reference caps for their patients.

The score range for better performance ranges between different genders and different age groups. For you it should range between 7.40 to 10.05 in right eye and 7.60 to 10.65 for left eye.

Speak to your Instructor or Healthcare Provider.

I Once again wish you All the Best and Best of Health.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Passed A1 medical test, color vision test, fog test. Details about 100 Hue color vision test? 5 days later
DEAR SIR

i researched a lot about FM 100 HUE TEST and no doctor knows about it and i tried this test online in WWW.WWWW.WW website and after so many trial n error methods iam getting now perfect score 0 some times may be 4,7,10 maximum iam getting below 10 its only some times maximum 0-4 iam getting. My test for this FM 100 HUE TEST I GOT APPOINTMENT IN XXXXXXX NETRALAYAM, CHENNAI ON 12TH TIME 1.15 PM iam well aware of this test now and my doubt is

1.what is the score range for my age 24 and what is the cutoff range for perfect color vision 2. At first test becomes difficult and after tried it was easy and i want to know in hospital small reference caps will be given or online and which one is easy method 3.pls clarify my all doubts this test is very important to me

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 16 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for the follow up.

1.) The Normal range for any adult between 20 to 29 years of age irrespective of Gender is 0 to 19. If your Score falls in between this range, you eye competence for Color discrimination is Superior.
2.) The Hospitals use Color reference caps and the test will not be online. It all depends upon the Hospital Set up. Both tests are not cumbersome to be performed. It depends upon the expertise of the Tester.

Visit the Hospital as scheduled and do not miss the appointment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you all the Best.

Take Care.