Partner was drinking while having oral sex. Had drug test which showed positive for alcohol. Could this be the reason?

This maybe a crazy question but my girlfriend and I were getting intimate a couple nights ago and she had been drinking. She preformed oral sex on me. The next day I had to take a drug test and it was positive for alcohol could this be the reason because I was not drinking!
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Chandana Krishna 46 minutes later

Thank you for writing in.

That can't be the reason for positive alcohol in drug test.

Here are some facts that might help you out:

Alcohol is absorbed in stomach (about 20%) and small intestine (most of it).

Intact skin can also absorb alcohol but it’s very less to be detected in drug test.

Alcohol in unchanged form (small quantities) gets excreted in breath. But again if we inhale it, it won't cause a positive result.

False positive test can be due to many reasons like:

-using Breath freshener (alcohol based)
-Asthma inhaler
-if you wear dentures or other mouth devices, alcohol based mouth wash can get trapped behind and cause false positive result.

Alcohol will not get transferred by oral sex.

Hope I've cleared your query.

If you have any query I'll be happy in help you.