Partner is alcoholic, mood swings, short tempered, controlling nature. What should I do?

my partner is an alcoholic... if we do drink together (occasionally) he drinks large glasses of champagne while I drink small ones and sip it. Then he gets abusive and we argue. The next day he tells me (and this happens alot) .. that hes had enough of MY Its so hypocritical and I dont want to drink much anyway, however if I have a friend over or go somewhere on my own, its my right to choose what I do, not his. I feel hes blaming me for something he doesnt like in himself. This morning he woke me up at 300am.. (not drinking, just annyoyed) and said hes had enough of me and Im evil and hes sleeping on the lounge from now on. I feel no remorse at this point as I have noticed that his mood swings are pretty full on and he has a very short temper. My question is... IS it ok to just say, listen, dont push me to do things you want me to do as if pushes me the other way. Also, I feel I need to stand up for my freedom of choice. Im happy not to drink with him.. the sad thing is, most of the time he asks me to have one and as I work so hard and dont go anywhere much, sometimes it is tempting. Lately ive not drank much so its been ok, as Ive said Im going to bed at about 930 and he usually follows (after sculling another two big glasses usually). Im happy just to have a few but not happy to feel controlled into doing what he says, especially when hes doing the opposite. What do you think?
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
I am sorry to know that your husband's behaviour is erratic.
You have not mentioned how he is going on with his work.
Try to find a cause, may be he is getting jealious of your success, I mean you are more aptly managing and the fellow is trying to catch up but is left behind and so is bullying you out of frustration.
What's about your sex life, may be he is feeling neglected while you are enjoying sound sleep.
If there is no reason to explain his troubled behaviour then try to have a word with him when some of his close friend is around to get a psychiatric evaluation and a treatment for him if needed.
Please do not just walk out in disgust toward this side of life, it will devastate you both from inside.
I hope you would find a cause and would be able to patch up.
I wish the baby a great health.