Partially collapsed Gall Bladder detected from ER overnight, intense abdominal pain. How to treat it ?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
partially Collapsed Gall Bladder detected from ER overnight 3am-6am 5/18/12. Not FUN. Intense lower right abdominal pain forced me to see ER. Telemetry and BP cuff =175/90. "Pain trelief" came thru an IV shot. Calmer, more relaxed a "Contrast" consent was signed for 3X drinks 20 mins. apart before a CT. The scan ended quick paperwork signed for preliminary report and true findings cam e aday later. Blod, Urine Normal. Kenosha's United Healthcare just said follow-up with your PCP(which I haven't seen in 8 years.) How does a healthy, active 2nd shift , 52, care for his gall bladder while having to stand and run-around 8 hours tending to pass/fail cell phone testing . As a temp, I have only $9/hour and NO Beny's - the best job I could find as a contractor doomed at MOTOROLA as a chreap-labor chreap skate..
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 5 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
From the description you have given it appears to be a case of acalculous cholecystitis. This is a condition where the gall bladder is inflamed in the absence of stones. I would request you to upload the detailed CT scan report if possible. Since you do not have stones, there isn’t any cause for worry. I would suggest that you keep away from fatty food ( like oil, mayonnaise, cream) and see your antibiotics for at least 10 days. Also, remember to have small, regular meals every 3-4 hours.
If the problem recurs, then you may require surgery.
With regards
Follow-up: Partially collapsed Gall Bladder detected from ER overnight, intense abdominal pain. How to treat it ? 5 hours later
I will forward my Patient Discharge sheet and Radiology Results late-nite after work from Fed-Ex Kinkos if you provide me your FAX #. Today, Mon 5/21 I saw Dr. XXXXXXX Froderman, Advocate Medical Grp. replacing Dr. Fields/Dr. Demtrios Charmiechals who formerly worked here under LMG Lake County Med Grp. Todays visit w/Dr. XXXXXXX suggest ordering a NM HEPATOBILARY IMAGE to be scheduled. Similar he says to my young Medical Careers assistant days in Nuclear Med injecting Radioactive Isotopes to be traced thru the blood stream. But here. this Gal Bladder filled with some "contrast" must peform removal or lingering may deem that muscle portion inactive. Dr. XXXXXXX is aiming for surgery, if so. Your counterview of this matter and progress to proper treatment is appreciated in this collaboration. I appreciate your "positive" outlook thus far. Please, SEND me a FAX #. I will forward to you the ER visit report and follow-up Dr. XXXXXXX "Imaging" test suggestion. Thanks XXXXXXX Gialloreto
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 13 hours later
Thank you for the feedback.
I will surely help you out with your surgical problem.
The best way is to send me your documents as attachments to my email address as follows
YYYY@YYYY and YYYY@YYYY . In the subject line, write attention to Dr Ketan
Email would be preferable as due to the time difference, collection of the faxed messages would be problematic and cause unnecessary delay in providing advice to you.
You can scan the documents and send them as pdf attachements to my email.
With Regards