Partial unprotected sex. If the partner experienced nausea, chills and weakness should I express worry over STD?

I had an encounter that I'm worried about. I am a woman, and I experienced partial penetration, unprotected, for about twenty seconds with a man I was dating. This happened once. He tried to push his way in, but I wouldn't let him do it completely. I asked him, after it happened, about being tested. He said he was tested a couple of years ago, but dated someone for three months before he met me. So, I'm assuming his status is "unknown." He also said that he recently lost ten pounds in a month, without trying to lose weight. And, a week after that experience with him, I felt extremely nauseous, with chills, for about ten days. It felt like food poisoning, but I recovered, so I never went to the doctor. I will be tested in a few days, but would like to know what my chances are of being infected with HIV from this exposure.
Thank you.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Follow-up: Partial unprotected sex. If the partner experienced nausea, chills and weakness should I express worry over STD? 9 minutes later

As for my follow-up question: I am now dating someone who said he gave blood four months ago. He said that his donation was successful, or that results did not show that he had HIV. And, I am the first person he has dated since he gave blood. Can I assume that he's definitely negative, or should he also take an STD test?

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later

Thanks for your query, I have read through the details

The exposure you had during the partial penetration do pose risk of STD and HIV in you , since the exposure time was very less and the contact fluid was not semen but may be secretions from the the glands ( precum ) and in less quantity, I would consider the risk of HIV in you to be very low to negligible..

I would not say risk is nil, as the status is unkown and unexplained weight loss in the partner.

The symptoms you had post that episode do not give me any clue into STDs and surely not HIV.

The person you are presently dating with has more possibilities of not having HIV , but since there is no information over his exposure in last 4 months after blood donation the STDs cannot be ruled out ,you can get him tested , and the same applies to HIV too but you have to employ better tests like P24 antigen test as other antibody tests may not be reliable as they detect the infection only after crossing the window period ( no detectable antibodies even when infected ) which ranges from 3 months to a year.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.