Pap test was normal. Have red spot on cervix with foul odour after period. Had HPV. Suggest?

May 2013
Hi. I had HPV at age 19. I'm 41 and had my annual exam and my pap came back normal but there is a red spot on my cervix and I sometimes, intermittently, smell a foul odor, especially after my period. Could tell me some of the things this might be?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 42 minutes later

The possible causes are:
Cervical erosion
Cervical polyp etc.
As it is presenting with symptoms like foul smell better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
If she recommends once go for colposcopy guided biopsy to find out the actual nature of the lesion and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.