Pap smear test showing erosion and white spot on the cervix

May 2013
I had a pap smear and the doctor said I have some erosion and a white spot on my cervix
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

-pap smear test is usually performed as a screening procedure and for cytohormonal study. It is recommended to all sexually active women.

-cervical erosion is a condition where the squamous epithelium of the ectocervix is replaced by columnar epithelium which is continuous with endocervix.

this can occur because of
-hormonal influence: seen in pregnancy and in women using contraceptive pills.

the white spot in the cervix can occur because of many things like,
-yeast infection,
-nabothian follicles: forms because of obstruction of mouth of glands in endocervix.
-dysplasia etc.

you don't worry about erosion and white spot, these can be seen in many women,
wait for the report of pap smear, which will rule out serious conditions like dysplasia or malignancy.

in case of simple erosion without symptoms no treatment is needed.
in symptomatic cases methods to destroy the columnar epithelium are recommended, which your doctor will explain you if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.