Panic attacks, dizziness, flushes, chills, faster heartbeat. Taken propranolol. Should I take other prescribed medicines?

Dear Doctor,
I am abroad now and started having severe panic attacks. Dizzines, flushes, chills, pressure inside of my body and faster heart beat. The local doctor here in Hong Kong subscribed 4 pills although i told him to give me something like paxil. I used to use paxil to treat the same long time ago.
He subscribed the following:
propranolol 10mg
sulpiride 50mg
paracetamol 500mg
cinnarizine 25mg
last night i took only propranol and i am not sure if it worked, since i doubt that one pill would resolve it.
Should i take other medicine as well?
please send me an answer soon,
thank you
10y ago paxil helped me a lot when i first started getting those panic attacks.
I stopped after few years, and started yoga and change my lifestyle a bit.
now out of nowhere came back again few weeks ago and it starts with dizzines.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 6 hours later
I do understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should not be taking any sulipride or cinnarizine. Paracetamol is not going to help your symptoms either. These drugs will make you extremely drowsy and will not allow you to function. If you're having vomiting/nausea or some kind of ear pain, you may need paracetamol and cinnarizine. I think it would be better if we give you a drug like Paxil but I believe you need to see another physician for that.
Also, when you go back home, please get your thyroid status reviewed and see your physician for an evaluation of the anxiety.
Let me know if you have any more concerns