Pancreas was dilated, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis. Got cholesterol level

I was refered thru a prior nerologyist that my pancrease was dialated 3 mm and needed to be addressesses clinicliiy immediate;y. I was in the throes of taking care of my mom with alzheimers and was not taking care of myself. as a result i weigh 100lbs, moved back to
Calif after she passed, cry myself to sleep each nigh and have developed a right side corodit bruit, Pad and severe neruopathy in my right leg. I am on medicare with a unioted health care suppl back up and have already had 2 rib resections 1 which resulted in a rt sublcavian aneurysm whcih for 4 yrs they blamed on geing in sales, a single mom, stress i am really scared as i have degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, facet narrowing etc......i am off to get set up with a new pain dr with meds for today but the rest has put my choldesterol at 347 and i am only 59 yrs old.
i have relocated in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX california after being in queens ny and prior in san XXXXXXX for almost 40 yrs.
where do i start?
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please explain symptoms clearly

Detailed Answer:

I am writing from an Surgical Endocrinologist's office. I work closely with him.

After reading your query it was not clear why were you referred for pancreatic duct dilation of 3mm. Did you complain for anything to a Neurologist? Is it that you have back pain that developed suddenly after you moved here from NY. I am sorry about the loss of your mother. We need to accept the fact that she is an elder.

Did you check an opinion with the spine surgeon about the disc prolapse and spinal stenosis with facet narrowing? I think that is important than dealing with pancreatic ductal dilatation. As I see that you take enough of supplements and pain medicines required to keep the back working with you. If you are still not finding comfort with it I think you need a Spine surgeon opinion first, being osteoporotic.

Meantime your new primary doctor in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX California can put you on statin (for cholesterol) along with blood thinners like Aspirin and clopidogrel. These are life saver drugs and prevent stroke, heart attack. You can ask him about them. The carotid bruit is commonly heard in 59 yr old with high bloodpressure and cholesterol.

Please ask your new primary doctor to refer to a spine surgeon and Cardiologist evaluation. You may have to start a new life in California finding new specialists. So might be a right opportunity for you to seek their opinion early. You can request the primary doctor to put you on enough of pain relievers while you seek help from Chiro, massage and physical therapist. They are proven in case of lower back pain.

Awaiting any further information for an Endocrinologist to comment.