Palpitations caused by stress in heart, holter monitor. Symptom of heart disease?

about two weeks ago I did a 48 h holter monitor test and the result was the my palpitations are caused by stress but today I've been feeling palpitations in different parts of my heart whereas before I felt them in the centre only. Is this a symptom of a heart disease?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
Hi Pegah,

Stress and anxiety are the major factors that can cause palpitations.
It is not necessary that you will feel the thudding of your heart in the middle of your chest wall only.The palpitation can be felt on the precordial area- the chest wall lying directly over the heart.Sometimes, if the palpitation is too hard you can feel your heart in your neck also.

Just feeling of palpitation alone is not a symptom of heart disease unless associated with other symptoms like chest pain, tightness of breath, dizziness, etc, but since you have history of heart problem in recent past, the heart pathology cannot be ignored.

Do consult cardiologist if the palpitation persists even after getting relieved from stress by employing mind relaxation exercises like meditation.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.