Palm and soles hot, high body temperature. No dermatitis, taken liver supplements. Could this be neural?

My palm and feet palmar surface is always very hot, my body temparature is also higher than normal. I took different liver supplements, tonics etc. but I am not sure if it is due to the liver. My liver function is fine, bile is perfect. I do not have any dermatitis. Can this be neural? I sufferered from recurrent nefrotic syndrome and was on prednisolon tabs (regime was 60mg tappering 5 mg evry week and continued last 5 mg for 6 months). First relapse was when I was a 2.5 year old, the next was at age 17 onwards and continued on and off 5-6 times with 2-3 year gaps between the consecuent relapses. I am without any relapse and without any steroids since 2008. The had/foot warming started since 2010. Please help. I am 34, Male, married (4 months since). I am listing the problem under blood disorder but a physician would know better.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 7 hours later

It seems you are recovering from nephrotic syndrome; but remember if it recurs again better insist for a biopsy of kidney to get to the root of cause.

Warmth of palms and soles can surely be related to steroids, coffee, Tea as you may be on; but it also may be related to higher blood pressure that may come along with steroids and nephrotic syndrome in some cases.
Other reasons for warm palms and soles can be high thyroid levels and pyridoxine deficiency.
Rarely as you may be asking, it can be neural.

I suggest you to get your thyroid levels, blood pressure and sugar checked. You may get the test under guidance of your physician. You may start on pyridoxine supplements and necessary therapy after discussing with your doctor.

I hope this answers your query. Feel free to write back any details if required.

Best Regards